Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This is a new thing for me....blogging, that is

....but I thought it might fill a need for information, for those of us in SL who are of African descent and trying to connect with others throughout the diaspora. I hope to share with interested readers stories about the people I am interviewing now--men and women who are contributing their massive talent and amazing creativity to representing all aspects of African American and African Diasporic cultures in SL. This will not just be a calendar of events, although I hope to be able to offer that as well, but it should be a resource for finding out about the many businesses we are running in SL. Who designs great clothes? Who makes the best skins and shapes? Who are the leading models of color? Who are the best photographers? Who is into wedding planning? Who owns spaces for rent for residential or business purposes? Who is publishing magazines? Where are the best clubs? How do I start a business in SL? And how can we collaborate, share our skills, and help each other be the best that we can be? I want everyone to know how black residents are contributing to the vibrant world that is Second Life, and to appreciate those contributions. If you have a story to tell, drop me a line!

1 comment:

Charles2 said...

Not to worry .... the learning curve is not that steep and you've got an interesting topic.